Precision Radiation Thermometer (PRT-5)
Precision Radiation Thermometer (PRT-5)The Model PRT-5 infrared thermometer temperature sensor is a battery-powered, infrared sensor. Extremely versatile, this instrument makes highly sensitive, non-contact ir temperature measurements in any selected range between -50°C and 150°C with an accuracy of ±0.5°C.
The PRT-5 can be employed from aircraft, land vehicles, ships or other platforms. It is completely portable, requires no set-up time, and does not depend upon external power.
Typical targets for the PRT-5 are sea surface, ocean, water, clouds, sky background, terrain and similar large-area subjects that are difficult or impossible to measure by conventional methods.
The PRT-5 consists of a 3.5 pound optical head and a rack-mounted, solid-state electronic control unit. The optical head may be hand-held, by means of a pistol grip attachment, or tripod mounted. It is linked to the electronic control unit by an 8-foot interconnecting cable. When not in use, the optical head is stored in a rugged, protective carrying case, which also contains the control unit and all cables.
The standard PRT-5 has a 2-degree field of view, a spectral range of 8 to 14 microns (consult factory for additional spectral ranges between 2 to 20 microns), and a three-range, overlapping temperature scale graduated in degrees C or F which covers:
-20°C to +15°C
+10°C to +45°C
+40°C to +75°C
-10°F to +60°F
+50°F to +120°F
+110°F to +180°F
This instrument provides a target spot size of 35 feet at typical working distance of 1,000 feet. With all versions of the PRT-5, measurements are independent of distance as long as the target fills the instrument’s field of view.
• PRT-5 Precision Radiation Thermometer
• Ocean Water Temperature Sensor, Earth, Sea Surface Temperature Studies
• Better than 0.1°C Sensitivity at All Temperatures
• Absolute Accuracy of ±0.5°C
• Rugged Construction
• Special Versions for Narrow Band Measurements
• Powered by Rechargeable Batteries
Optional: AC 115/230, 28 VDC
• .14°, 2° or 20° Field of View
• Sea Surface Temperature Studies
• Ocean Water Temperature Measurement
• Thermal Mapping of Ground Targets
• Pollution Site Location
• Earth Temperature ground truth studies
• Airborne Scanner Calibration
• Cloud Temperature Measurement
• Water Evaporation Studies
• Air Temperature Measurement
• Thermal Studies of Agricultural Areas
• Forest Fire Detection
Environmental, Non Contact Thermometers, Specialty IR Thermometers